By volunteering your time and talent to support the annual UBC United Way Campaign, you are creating lasting, positive experiences for our campus community and beyond.
Because you are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic individual
- well-respected by your peers
- care about strengthening local communities
- a proud member of the UBC community
As a volunteer for the UBC United Way Campaign, you play a key role in the annual campaign’s fundraising efforts. You will join a group of over 5,000 volunteers who are building a stronger, healthier community together to improve the quality of lives of people in the Lower Mainland. Volunteering as a Campaign Champion will allow you to increase your network both within your unit as well as with the broader UBC community.
As a Campaign Champion, your responsibilities include:
- Attend the orientation and volunteer training session and campaign meetings (3);
- Learn about United Way’s funding priorities;
- Identify and act on opportunities to increase awareness about the United Way within your unit (e.g. display United Way posters, providing regular updates to your unit about the campaign)
- Identify and act on opportunities to promote the United Way by holding events and activities that raise awareness;
- If applicable, participate in the brainstorming, organization, promotion, and execution of campaign events within your unit;
- Respond to questions from peers about United Way processes (or defer questions to UBC United Way campaign office);
- Communicate any issues or problems to the UBC United Way campaign office;
- Provide feedback regarding the campaign
This volunteer opportunity exposes you to:
- Strategic Analysis
- Goal Setting
- Public Relations & Communication
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning
We are committed to providing you with the information and tools needed for you to inform employees about how their gift is invested in the community, and how United Way helps meet donor interests and strengthens community by providing the best total solution.
Learn more here: